In the Computer Systems and Platforms Laboratory at Seoul National University, we focus on future computer systems and platforms. As embedded systems and servers integrate more and more cores into a single chip, the architectural changes not only require new operating system structures but also compilers and programming languages that enable developers to exploit the computing power of the chip while providing an efficient development environment. In the CSAP lab, we develop new runtime systems and propose architectural changes for systems ranging fom embedded processors, FPGAs, to high-end servers.
We are currently conducting research in the following areas
Neural processing on mobile devices
- Neural processor development
- Code-generation for neural processors
- Personalized learning on edge-devices
- Performance prediction on parallel applications
- Runtime systems for efficient execution of multiple parallel applications on heterogeneous systems
- Compiler-runtime interaction for efficient execution of parallel applications
Future data centers
- Modelling performance of live migration
- Efficient live migration
- Distributed memory systems for data centers
Coarse-grained reconfigurable architectures (CGRAs)
- System verification
- Compilation techniques
- Running deep neural networks (DNNs) efficiently on CGRAs
We are looking for motivated PhD students / PostDocs who are not afraid to get their hands dirty. If you like to tinker with systems at a low level (kernel, runtimes, compilers) and are a motivated and hard-working person send me an email to discuss the possibility of advancing your career in our lab.
Make sure to carefully read the information found on our Join Us page.
Phone: +82 (0)2 880 1819
Fax: +82 (0)2 875 1819
- Mailing address: Computer Systems and Platforms Laboratory, 301-419 School of Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul 08826, Korea